If you are visiting our area or are searching for a new church home, we would like to help you see the things we feel are unique here at Summerville Presbyterian Church.
We are a people of the Reformed Faith who are called together by God and follow the model and teaching of Jesus Christ. The church is a member of the Presbytery of GeneseeValley and the Presbyterian Church USA.
Our Sunday worship service is traditional in format. Our worship is inspired by the talents and gifts of many people. Spiritually we are guided by our pastor, the Rev. Dorthea L. Yoder, and musically by our Director of Choirs and organist, Dr. Leon Foster.
Summerville values a faith that is active and involved, not only within our community, but beyond the walls of the church.
We encourage various smaller gatherings within the church community such as women's circles, book/movie discussions and "small groups" which meet in members homes.
Christian Education for children and youth is guided by Debbie Carter. She gives energy and inspiration to all facets of the education youth program. The Sunday morning children's education program uses a spirited rotation style curriculum called "Children's Workshop." Monthly units focus on in-depth on a Biblical concept or Bible story.
We invite you to become apart of the Summerville Presbyterian Church experience and be a part of a warm, caring supportive faith family. Questions can be answered by a greeter as you enter the church on Sunday or by calling the church office at 585-342-4242.
Summerville Presbyterian Church is located at 4845 St. Paul Blvd. near Lakeshore Blvd. in West Irondequoit.
Dorthea Yoder, Pastor Dr. Leon Foster, Debbie Carter,
Dir. of Music and Choirs Dir. Youth & Education
As members of Summerville Presbyterian Church, our mission is to provide an atmosphere for spiritual growth and to demonstrate that we are called into a community of faith by our Lord Jesus Christ , to love, serve, and worship God.
We encourage members to grow in their Christian Faith by:
- providing a meaningful worship service
- encouraging families to worship together
- creating an atmosphere of openness, support, caring and love for ourselves and one another
- providing educational programs for children, youth and adults.
We minister to human need in our community and in the world by:
- involving ourselves financially and personally with teh mission of the Presbyterian Church of USA at all of its levels
- cooperating with Rochester area churches in ministries addressing common concerns
- extending our ministry to individuals, families and groups who live and work within the community
We support the congregation in sustaining its missions by:
- preparing our members for participation and leadership in the life of the church
- providing effective and continual communication with the congregation through a variety of media
- being fiscally responsible for current and long range financial needs of the church
- maintaining our church property so the facilities are safe, comfortable and accessible for everyone